The Alfresco Restart Rebate is for NSW based small and medium food and beverage businesses to help cover the costs of creating or expanding an alfresco dining area. If you fit the criteria and want to create or expand your outdoor dining area, you may be eligible for a rebate of up to $5,000!
The rebate is available to the first 5,000 eligible small or medium food and beverage businesses that register and will be available from late February 2022 until 30 April 2022.
Registrations will close when 5,000 businesses have successfully registered. There are 2 steps involved in applying for the rebate:
- Register for the rebate to confirm eligibility
- Claim the rebate
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN), held before 1 June 2021
- be located in NSW
- have an aggregated annual turnover of less than $10 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2021
- be a small or medium food and beverage business, defined by at least one of the following ANZSIC codes:
- 4511 Cafés and restaurants
- 4520 Pubs, taverns and bars
- 4530 Clubs (hospitality)
- 4400 Accommodation (limited to hotel and motel operation)
- 1212 Beer Manufacturing
- 1213 Spirit Manufacturing
- 1214 Wine and other Alcoholic Beverage Manufacturing
- have incurred, or will incur, eligible costs and expenses for opening or expanding your outdoor dining areas from 14 October 2021 to 30 April 2022.
- have development approval and approval to use the land from council, Place Management NSW or private landholder
- have approval for the liquor licence boundary changes.
Note: Only one application per ABN is allowed. If eligibility criteria are met, the rebate can be used towards outdoor dining expenses at multiple business locations.
If you are successful, you’ll be able to claim the rebate from late February 2022. Registered businesses will be notified by email when the claims process opens.
Make sure you keep receipts and invoices for eligible expenses from 14 October 2021 to 30 April 2022, as you may be required to submit photo evidence of these expenses when making a claim.
Should you be eligible for the Restart Rebate and require an accountant’s letter or have any questions, please contact the team at Kennedy Cross.
For further information and application details for the Alfresco Restart Rebate, Click Here.