Undergraduate Accountant Internship
Build the perfect foundation for your accounting career!
Undergraduate Accountant Internship
- Combine university studies with on-the-job experience
- Career growth opportunities in areas of interest
- Flexible role for successful completion of studies
- Supportive and close-knit team environment
- Modern working environment, great culture and busy social calendar
- Competitive Salary + super + staff benefits
Kennedy Cross is a boutique tax and business advisory firm in Erina Heights. We provide a complete range of accounting services to our clients and are proud to be associated with some of the most dynamic and successful businesses extending from the Central Coast to worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive undergraduate keen to apply theoretical skills learnt in their degree and develop practical skills in a professional environment. Build the perfect foundation for your career and earn a competitive income – the best of both worlds! An internship with Kennedy Cross will allow you to gain experience in all areas of general practice, including taxation and advisory, accounting and audit across a range of industries. As part of the team, you will receive ongoing development and training opportunities and guidance and support from experienced professionals.
The program is designed to work with your university schedule during the semester (full-time during breaks), and we offer flexible study leave, allowing you to complete your degree and postgraduate studies successfully. Undergraduates are fast-tracked to our Graduate Program, with many choosing to continue their careers with Kennedy Cross to become seniors, managers and even partners.
About the Role
As an Undergraduate Accountant with Kennedy Cross, your duties will include:
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for individuals, companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSFs.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters, including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Preparation of BAS/IAS, budgets, cashflows, profit and loss statements and balance sheet reports.
- Liaising with directors, employees, creditors, the ATO and other regulatory bodies.
- Business advisory and mentoring
- Researching and implementing software-based solutions for clients
- Phone and email support to clients.
- Open to students working towards or completed a degree in Accounting or Major in Accounting/Finance and looking to undertake a CA or CPA Qualification upon graduation.
- Willing to be mentored and committed to learning and applying your knowledge within a professional accounting firm.
- Possess maturity and responsibility to reflect the demands of juggling work/study.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and conscientiousness.
- Ready to make a positive contribution to a friendly professional team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and theoretical knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information professionally.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an expert level of spoken English.
- Possess Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Please note: Applicants not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
- Applications to join the Kennedy Cross Undergraduate Accountant Program are now open
- In your cover letter, please specify how many units of study you have remaining on your degree and your motivation behind applying both to Kennedy Cross and this specific internship
- To register your interest, we invite you to send a copy of your resume, university results and a cover letter to the team at Kennedy Cross via the form below.
Please Note: We cannot assess your application without all the required documents. Please ensure you attach your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts at the time of application.